At Skeletal Dynamics, we are understanding the clinical challenges of upper extremity surgery to provide innovative, science-based solutions backed by world-class education and trusted service. As our name suggests, we are a dynamic, high-growth organization. Skeletal Dynamics is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work with highly motivated teams on extremely challenging projects. We value our employees as our most important assets and provide a family-like work environment.
As the Senior R&D Engineer, you will work closely with our Chief Scientific Officer and surgeon advisory panel to conceive, develop, and bring to market innovative medical devices for the upper extremity orthopedics market and provide technical guidance to the other R&D Engineers.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years of medical device product development experience. Orthopedics experience preferred.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, 3D Printing, Prototyping, Machining, Testing and Refining Concepts.
- Familiarity with different manufacturing processes and materials.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey concepts in simple, easy to understand language.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities, and self-manage against aggressive timelines and ambitious expectations.
- Contagious enthusiasm – hard-working, attentive to detail, and highly organized.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Based at Miami Corporate Offices
- Up to 10% travel
- Ability to work in a cadaver lab
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Short- & long-term disability
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) – company match to 4%
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Relocation Assistance